Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

porting

Oh Dear! I am so stressed with the time it has taken for Virgin to Port my Line from BT. I started the process on June 5th by cancelling my BT contract within a day of taking it out (statutory right). BT informed me to contact Virgin to ask them to port my line. This is a care number which is Linked to Papworth Hospital recording my ICD pace maker. It was essential to keep my line. Virgin gave me assurance that the line would be ported within 5 days. This did not happen and BT stated clearly that it hadn't been requested. A Virgin engineer came and assured me that it would be done by July 1st. This day came and the line was still not ported. I made many calls to Virgin to ask for this to be done. Equally, I contacted BT who said the line was not requested by Virgin to be ported. They informed that I was still signed up to BT even though I cancelled the contract on June 5th. Monday 6th July engineer  came to sort the problem out promising it would be up in three days. Failed to happen. Monday 13th July engineer John Ulm came. Confirmed the line hadn't been ported. Promised it would be done by Monday July 20th. No ported line on 20th July. Contacted John who spoke to his manager, who promised 21st July. In between, BT finally contacted me to say that they were going to cease the contract on 27th July. I would have to pay £483.21 cancellation charge on top of £106 they already took from my account. I am a pensioner and my wife is now unemployed. I can't afford this. This is the outcome of Virgin not porting my line when I requested it on June 5th. Help can someone please help?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: porting

Hi stang1,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and a warm welcome to you, I am sorry to hear you are having issues with your number port .

So I can help further I will send you an invite into a private chat, please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: porting

Hi Stan,

You are very welcome, come back if you have any issues.

Regards

Paul. 

0 Kudos