Menu
archandfi
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

port number and close account

Moved house 6 weeks ago. Had VM at old house and in new house. Set up new account online for new house and asked for phone number to be ported. Number not transferred. On phone to setup new connection asked again for number transfer. Number not transferred. Attempted to phone customer services, gave up after 20 mins on hold. Submitted complaint via website. No response. Submitted complaint again, no response. Got through to someone on the phone who was in the wrong dept and sent me back round the automated phone carousel. Went online to cancel old account but no option on website to actually cancel. Tried to email but there is no email address for VM which responds.

My questions are (1) how can I get my phone number transferred? (2) how do I close the old account (apart from cancelling the direct debit)? 

We have sold the old house so it would be good to get this sorted before the new owners move in.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: port number and close account

Was this arranged through the Virgin house move team, as they should arrange all this without you doing anything online.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/moving-home-faqs

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

archandfi
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

No I wanted to keep the first account going so I started a new one. I think that was my basic mistake.

I didn't even know there was a house move team. Can I get them to help now? 

But my original problems remain. I have been trying for weeks to move the phone number, and I have no idea how to close the old account.

0 Kudos
archandfi
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

After a marathon 90 minute phone session, mostly on hold. I managed to get the house move team to fix it. It still took another 10 days to actually get the phone number changed, but it now seems to be OK, a mere 2 months after starting the process. The weirdest thing about the whole thing is that virginmedia don't have an email account, or at least one they make public. Once my introductory deal runs out I reckon I will swap supplier.

0 Kudos
Melissa_F
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi archandfi,

Apologies that this has taken some time to get resolved, but I am glad this is now fixed for you and your number has transferred over.

Please let us know if you need help with anything else.

Thanks

Melissa

0 Kudos