Menu
aft110
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

phone saying check phone line

Hi I am getting this message today. is there a problem with Virgin? broadband is working fine.

thanks

0 Kudos
Zoie_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: phone saying check phone line

Hi Aft110,

thanks for your post, where are you getting the message? Is it when you try to make a call? Is there a dial tone?

Thanks,

Zoie

0 Kudos
aft110
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

the message is on the handsets. there is no dialling tone on any of them.

regards

0 Kudos
aft110
Tuning in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

when anyone calls me it is as if the phones are ok, it allows them to leave a message but nothing is coming through to me.

0 Kudos
aft110
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi any update on my landlines?? they are still not working.

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @aft110

Thanks for popping back - I am sorry that you're still having some issues with your landline at the moment. We can see you have posted elsewhere on our forums; these posts have been closed down to avoid further duplication and delay in replying to your issue. We do request on our house rules to not post the same thing in multiple places. 

I have managed to locate your account from your forum information and can see that you have our newer landline service via your Hub. We currently have no known area issues listed for the broadband which would impact your landline. 

However, I can see it has been over a week since your Hub was rebooted. Can you please reboot your hub and let us know how you get on? 

Have you managed to test another handset for us or maybe try your handset at a friend or neighbours line so we can rule that out? 

Are you able to confirm how your handset is connected for us?

• Is it connected directly to the back?
  • Is it connected to the Hub via an adapter?
  • Is it connected via an extension socket and adapter?

If you're still having issues after the reboot and new/different handset, please pop back and we'll take it from there

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
aft110
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Katie, thanks for getting back to me, apologies for multiple posting but it is very frustrating when no one replies. you say my router has not been rebooted? I have to reboot it regularly as the wifi drops on a regular basis, in fact my daughter has to use her data in her room as the wifi is so bad and often goes over her data allowance. I had to reboot it as recently as Monday, so cannot understand why it us showing as not been rebooted??

I will check the phones and let you know but I really cant see all 3 phones not working ! Virgin engineer connected the phone and almost certain it goes directly into hub - again I will confirm this for you. if there are no issues at my end what happens next?  anyway I will get back to you when I am home and let you know. (we dont use the landline that often but I've been told messages have been left and we are not replying to them.

many thanks

0 Kudos
aft110
Tuning in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

update

apologies for the delay in getting back. so I returned home on Thursday and low and behold the phones are now working!. didnt have to do anything or check any connections they came back on all by themselves! could u tell me if I will be charged for the time I had no landline?

many thanks

@aft110 wrote:

Hi Katie, thanks for getting back to me, apologies for multiple posting but it is very frustrating when no one replies. you say my router has not been rebooted? I have to reboot it regularly as the wifi drops on a regular basis, in fact my daughter has to use her data in her room as the wifi is so bad and often goes over her data allowance. I had to reboot it as recently as Monday, so cannot understand why it us showing as not been rebooted??

I will check the phones and let you know but I really cant see all 3 phones not working ! Virgin engineer connected the phone and almost certain it goes directly into hub - again I will confirm this for you. if there are no issues at my end what happens next?  anyway I will get back to you when I am home and let you know. (we dont use the landline that often but I've been told messages have been left and we are not replying to them.

many thanks

0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: update

Thanks for popping back and letting us know that your landline is now working aft110. I've had a look at your details and cannot find any fault reports by the system logs relating to your landline I'm afraid but please see this link for more details. 

With regards to your WiFi, I've had a look and can see a number of devices. Can you try and go into the advanced Hub settings in your Hub and see if changing the 2.4Ghz WiFi channel to a higher number improves?

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos