cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

phone rings as if im abroad

anwarjan23
Just joined

I am writing this on behalf of my aunt. 

When anybody tries to ring her home landline number on our end, it rings as if she's abroad. This has happened for 3 months now but virgin media are saying they've sorted it out when they haven't.

I tried contacting virginmedia to solve this but I'm not getting answers, They say that there is a mobile number linked to her account however she does not have a mobile..

They cannot provide us the mobile number because of confidentiality reasons but my aunt has ever owned a mobile phone in her life. They then told me to email them as i'm very confused as to why there's a mobile number linked to her but i cannot find an email anywhere.

Can somebody please help with this issue as I'm having no luck going through their phone system.

2 REPLIES 2

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @anwarjan23 thanks for your post here in the Community although we're sorry to hear of the concerns you've raised here.

We'd advise as first port of call (no pun intended!) to try and reboot the Hub, usually this does fix the issue which we appreciate has affected some small number of customers.

Can your Aunt try this please and you let us know how she gets on?

Many thanks

Tom_W

goslow
Alessandro Volta

The international ringing sound has been mentioned by others

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Home-Phone/USA-Ringtone-amp-Call-Waiting-Issues/td-p/5366515

In the above it was remedied once escalated within VM