Menu
jiff999
Tuning in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

phone number transfer

My wife and i are both disabled pensioners with many many hospital appointments arranged by phone. My problem is that i am transferring to sky and would like to take my landline number with me, but after loads of phone calls to virgin and sky to try and sort this but to no avail, sky now says that my landline phone number is virgins property and they will not release it. can you tell me if this is this correct, if not can someone PLEASE help.

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: phone number transfer

Hi there @jiff999

Sorry to understand that you are leaving us. 

If you wish to take your number with you to another provider, it can be done. However, it must remain active with us in order for your new provider to request it. This means that no disconnection notice must be on the Virgin account whatsover or the request will automatically be rejected. 

You new provider will just then request the number from us - we cannot refuse unless it is physically impossible to transfer the number (if you are moving for example and it cannot be taken to another property). Once they have requested the number, the process takes around 10 days. 

We cannot give the number to another provider unless they ask us for it first. As long as your account with us is still active and has not already been requested for disconnection, I would advise that you chat with your new provider to request the number again. 

If you have already booked your disconnection with us, this will need to be cancelled so the number port can be requested by your new provider. 

Hope that helps. 

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos