Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

phone not receiving calls

My phone is able to make calls but not receive them. Clearly this is an urgent problem in our present crisis. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: phone not receiving calls

Hi, can you please give me some details, such as... have you recently had the phone service installed and had the number ported over from a different provider? Have you tried calling your home number off your mobile phone? If yes, what can you hear? Has it been working fine and then suddenly stopped working? Have you tried another phone set? Please let me know. Thanks

- Although I am a Virgin Media service technician, the responses given on here are from my personal experience in the field and should be taken as such -
If I was able to help you please let others know by marking my answer as helpful. If you are happy with my answers please press Kudo 🙂
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your response.

Actually, I managed to get a Virgin engineer out to have a look who tested all the connections, internally & externally, and suggested that we may have some phone blocking on. At the moment, all our family are getting through to us. It may be that 'unknown caller' doesn't receive a free pass! 

So all fine for the time being. Thanks. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

That's good you managed to get someone out. Can you try one thing for me though please, can you pick up your phone and dial #227* and listen to the message. Please let me know 🙂

- Although I am a Virgin Media service technician, the responses given on here are from my personal experience in the field and should be taken as such -
If I was able to help you please let others know by marking my answer as helpful. If you are happy with my answers please press Kudo 🙂
0 Kudos