forumarchive,nothingtosee,
Menu
proud1
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

phone lines down again WN5 area

We have no phone line again in the Billinge area WN5, this is the 3rd time within a few weeks that this has happened.  My inlaws live a few streets away from us and their phone line is also down. I cannot find a way to contact anyone regarding this apart from ringing from our mobile phones, which I refuse to do as we were hanging on for over an hour last time then got cut off!!  I also cannot find an option for live online chat, is there such a thing?

My inlaws are in their 80s and their landline is their only way of contacting family.

Please can someone get back to me asap regarding this issue.

I am fed up of constant problems with Virgin Media!!

0 Kudos
Lakesfan
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: phone lines down again WN5 area

Same problem in our part of Billinge WN5 too. 
phone line cutting out this morning and now completely dead. 
Our landline is the urgent communication link we use with in-laws in their 90s so important we have a landline for them to contact us.

Tried the ‘message us’ option but it just came up ‘sorry we’re having issues at this time with our message service- try later’.

Can’t phone because landline is dead - other than this forum no other way of communicating with them. 
very poor service for a premium cost product. 
Nit happy 

0 Kudos
proud1
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I agree, I have also done a status check, no problems found in this area.... what a complete joke!!

0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Proud1,

I'm sorry to hear again that there is an issue with your phoneline.

I've been able to locate your account using your forum details and can't see any area issues/ outages. 

Are you plugged into the master socket? It will have a larger socket and contain a logo of Virgin Media, NTL, Telewest or Nynex. Any extension sockets will be smaller and have no logo.

Can you confirm if you've been able to test a different phone handset?

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
proud1
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

The problem is not with my phone as others in the area are experiencing the same issue.
0 Kudos
proud1
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Can someone please contact me to update me as to when we can expect the phone lines to be back on. I am concerned that we are unable to make contact with our elderly inlaws and they have no means of contacting anyone due to their phone line being down too.

This happened back in December and they were advised by a technician to purchase new phones, which they did. That was a complete waste of money as the fault was with VM and not their equipment. Our phone line was also off at the same time in December.

We need this issue sorting asap please
0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I'm sorry for the late reply, 

On further investigation it does look like an issue has now been raised. 

Fault reference F008756082. It looks like it's in the final stages of being fixed and should be resolved today.

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
proud1
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Alex, 

I've just received a text message to say the fault is now fixed.  My phone is still not working and the same goes for my elderly inlaws.

I ran another test and it tells me there are no faults.

Can you please advise further? 

0 Kudos
Lakesfan
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Ours is still down too.

Apparently an engineer is supposed to be coming out to us today - will see what happens.

0 Kudos
proud1
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lakesfan,

I hope the engineer can fix the issue. It sounds like you must live local to us.

I've tried to ring the 0333 number from my mobile but that is just cutting off.  I have no way of contacting anyone now only on this forum.  

The status checks are showing that there are no issues.  This is ridiculous and so frustrating!

0 Kudos