Menu
smoby66
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

phone line keeps disconnecting

hi, I received a phone call from a family member today but the call was interrupted after a few seconds or minutes( tried many times to call me) with the message "please hold the line", the call would then disconnect. this happened during every attempt to call my house phone. i even tried calling my house phone using my mobile and it did the same. i then spoke to a next door neighbour who i know recently purchased a new handset and she said that was the reason she bought a new one as she thought it was her phone.

any ideas what has happened as a line check says no faults?

many thanks j.

Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: phone line keeps disconnecting

Hey smoby66

I hope the issue has cleared but if not can you confirm if you have tested the landline?

(I know your neighbour mentioned they had a similar issue)

To eliminate the equipment as being the possible cause of the problem check:

▪︎If another handset connected to the master socket with all other extensions removed does the same.

▪︎If your handset plugged into another known working line does the same.

If there is a connection issue on the line these checks would help eliminate your handset as being the source of the problem. 

I'm assuming your neighbour is with VM too as you didn't say? Also did they say that the new handset fixed their issue? 

If none of the above works sit tight and a forum colleague will be around to help in a few days max.

Cheers.

Kaz

Ex VM employee. Just here to help 🙂
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) David_Pn
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello smoby66

Welcome to our community forum pages and thank you for posting.

We are sorry to hear that you have been having issues with your landline service. Thank you for checking the faults page. 

We appreciate that this must be frustrating and we'd like to help you on here as much as possible.

Has there been any improvement since your post at all?

If not please let us know and we can tale things from there.

Many thanks and we look forward to hearing from you. 

David_Pn
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
smoby66
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

hi,

checked with neighbour, hers is still the same even with new equipment. we are still having issues but noticed since my original post we are not alone with this issue.

hopefully someone at virgin will recognise there must be an issue their end at some point.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi smoby66, 

Thanks for getting back to us. 

I am really sorry you're still experiencing problems.

We would love to check your account from our end, in order for us to do this I have sent you a private message please reply when you can. 

Look forward to hearing from you, 

Hetty_R
0 Kudos