cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

phone changeover

tommycockles
Tuning in

Hello

Yesterday my landline stopped working and when i rang up to see what was going on, i was told that phones are being swithced over from the old copper network.  I have received no information about this... ive been told it canr be changed back...  they are sending cables out and if not workng still an engineer appt was made for 21/6/23 !!

has anyone else had this issue,It seems diabolical to me that it can just be stopped like that without any warning ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi tommycockles,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

Sorry to hear you've been having some issue with the landline.

We would send out communications prior to the switchover happening, this would also give time for the adapter to be sent to you.

If however you call us regarding a fault with the line, we may look to push the migration through sooner, in which case we arrange to send the adapter/ arrange a technician visit if needed.

Alex_Rm

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

11 REPLIES 11

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi tommycockles,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

Sorry to hear you've been having some issue with the landline.

We would send out communications prior to the switchover happening, this would also give time for the adapter to be sent to you.

If however you call us regarding a fault with the line, we may look to push the migration through sooner, in which case we arrange to send the adapter/ arrange a technician visit if needed.

Alex_Rm

littlewren16
Tuning in

I've just posted to say I've got the same problem, no landline all day and nothing received from VM about all this, I'm disgusted with them, especially after the VM360 fiasco where I clicked on the email as it said 'want too find it more' and then the next page said 'great, you're all signed up' or words similar to that! What the hell is going on VM?

Hi Alex

Thanks for your reply but apologies as i clicked the helpful button in error, and i dont mean that you werent helpful or anything just that id clicked it in error . The point was that i had had no notification of any changes to the landline and was in the middle of a call when it just went. Surely it cant be difficult  for VM to have emailed.... i did  receive an email on 30/5/23 saying VM were going to make some improvements to my services which means my TV box could lose connection to the hub or internet and instructions on what to do if it does ( made me smile to say the least !!)  .. no mention of any changes to the phone tho... going off tack a bit, its like when  i get all the VM surveys asking if i was happy with Bert or Fred, its made personal... i dont have any gripes with any call centre staff,  my gripes are always with VM itself but theres no where to vent that ... if i give Bert or Fred score of 0 or 1 point, they get a rollocking ( thats assuming VM care what i think) when its actually VM as a company i want to give 0 or 1 point to.

Anyway my adapter came and i have a landline again but all this annoyance could have easily been avoided. I shall leave you in peace now. All the best 🙂

VMUser1812
Fibre optic

This whole sorry tale is a classic example of the difference (albeit a subtle one) between having a ‘policy’ and having a ‘procedure’ for a situation. And anyone else who happens to do this sort of stuff for a living will understand the difference!

VM probably, actually yes they do, have a policy which states that something along the lines of ‘everyone who is being migrated to the 21 CV system will be notified multiple times by letter, post, carrier pigeon, smoke signals, whatever, at least x weeks prior to the work being done'

All fine, but the ‘procedure’ is the method of making sure that this is actually carried out, and works, and if it doesn’t work then fix the issue and move on.

Now Alex’s response above; "We would send out communications prior to the switchover happening, this would also give time for the adapter to be sent to you.” is quoting policy, this is what should happen, and we blindly assume that it did, but did it actually happen in your case, well who can tell? Was there a failure of procedure?

You certainly aren’t the first to make a similar claim, so maybe, just maybe, the VM procedures need a bit of attention?

Hi I’m also having problems with my landline since switchover.  I have had a technican to check and he said it was a problem with your IT department and they would sort it out and my line would be back working within 48 hours - it’s still not working.   Today I called again and the line 2 support team said I need to buy new phones, but I have read on the forum that I just need the adapter which I have.  Can you please confirm if I need to purchase new telephones as I have not long had new phones and don’t want the expense if not needed.

Hey @AnneP1,

Welcome to the Community Forums and thanks for the post.

Sorry that you have been having this issue with your landline, I would like to go about looking into this with you to see what we can do for you, for me to do so I will need to confirm some information from you in a private message.

Joe

Hi can you please help me it is driving me mad.  My phone has not been working since switchover and I was told to go out and buy new phones which I have just done but still no incoming or outgoing calls just a dialling tone and when I call a number I get an engaged ring and if anyone calls me the phone rings and then all I can hear to engage tone 

Hi @AnneP1, we're sorry to hear you feel this way.

I can see you're discussing this matter with my colleague privately and he'll respond to your latest message as soon as possible.

Regards,
Daniel