Menu
Heatherwhite
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

original home phone number lost

Despite numerous calls to customer services and the number port team my original home phone number has still not been 'ported' to my Virgin home phone. The previous provider (Talktalk) seem to have sent the number back to BT. Virgin complaints team say that BT have been contacted but this has been going on for months now since February and there is still no resolution. The complaints team have directed me back to 'self care' - ie hours waiting on the phone just to be passed around again. Has anyone successfully contacted BT themselves to do what Virgin should have done in February? Keeping my number was part of the deal I signed up for as I only need a home phone for incoming calls. I will be grateful for any tips on how to  get this sorted out.

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: original home phone number lost

Hi Heatherwhite,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to hear you are still  trying to get your old number back but have been unable, when a phone line is disconnected the number will return to the company it originated and in this case BT, they can sometimes reallocate this to another customer and then this is no longer available.

I will be happy to have a look and see if anything is possible to get the number back, so I can get  this looked into I will invite you into a private chat so we can clear security, I will send a invite shortly, please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Heather,

Thank you for your patience, please let me know how you get on once the number comes back to you?

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Heatherwhite
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you so much Paul. My number is back! I am so grateful for your understanding and the trouble you took to put this right. 

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Heather it was my pleasure, I had to get support from some of my great colleagues also but we persevered and got there.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos