cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

old landline cable

mikem1973
Joining in

now that i have switched to fibre landline via hub can I safely remove the old external cable that runs across the outside wall of my house to the old phone wall box entry point?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

not sure the advice from VM is good - just remove it back to the omni box - there will be 2 small wires connected in there - cut them and thats it

sure VM will do it - whats not said is it will cost you £25 for something that will take you a few minutes - the cable is obsolete why does it need a tech visit

Tony.
Sacked VIP

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Good Afternoon @mikem1973, thanks for your post on our Community Forums and a very warm welcome to you

We wouldn't advise removing any cables from your property yourself, however we can possibly look into having an engineer call round to your property to remove them if you would like them removed?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

would definitely like cable removed as it is now redundant. appreciate it if you could arrange engineer to address it....many thanks

Thanks for coming back to me

Check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for a private message from me

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

not sure the advice from VM is good - just remove it back to the omni box - there will be 2 small wires connected in there - cut them and thats it

sure VM will do it - whats not said is it will cost you £25 for something that will take you a few minutes - the cable is obsolete why does it need a tech visit

Tony.
Sacked VIP

thanks Tony...if they offer to do it for a charge I will just go ahead and do it myself...cheers