Menu
willow001
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

nuisance phone calls

have been getting  3 or 4  phones calls telling me that my speeds are low and need to sort my router out. The person on the end of phone does not even no my name. The calls are coming from different numbers or no number. how can I be sure its virgin phoning and can I stop these calls someway

0 Kudos
Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: nuisance phone calls

Hi @willow001,

Welcome back to our Community Forums and thanks for posting.

This would be a scam call. We have some more info on how to handle these types of calls here - Dealing with fraudulent calls

If you haven't already done so I would also recommend signing up to the Telephone Preference Service which can help minimise unwanted nuisance calls. 

Give me a shout if you have any other questions 🙂 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

goslow
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: nuisance phone calls

@willow001 wrote:

have been getting  3 or 4  phones calls telling me that my speeds are low and need to sort my router out. The person on the end of phone does not even no my name. The calls are coming from different numbers or no number. how can I be sure its virgin phoning and can I stop these calls someway

These are scam calls. Refer to the link below from the Metropolitan Police pages 20 and 21 for how this scam typically operates

https://www.met.police.uk/SysSiteAssets/media/downloads/central/advice/fraud/met/the-little-book-of-...

A trueCall screening device filters the automated scam calls and prevents your home phone from ringing. Some BT phones have trueCall technology built into them and work in a similar way. Further explanation is in the recent topic below

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Home-Phone/Silent-calls-to-new-phone-number/td-p/4660969

The most simple approach is to let unknown caller IDs go to answering machine and not engage with the scammers at all.