Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

non working landline, and Virgin uncontactable

There seems to be a growing number of virgin customers with non working landlines, who are finding Virgin difficult if not impossible to contact, and I have just joined this group.

My landline has not worked for 48 hours (completely dead). I tried phoning 150 but going through the menu system just gets you directed (eventually) to virginmedia.com

The website offers advice re phone testing etc but this again just goes into a loop if the advice doesn't resolve the problem (which it doesn't). A message on the website states that due to the corona virus some of Virgin's call centres (how many does it have?) are closed

There appears to be no way to contact a human being to discuss the problem and to arrange an engineer visit.

If Virgin's approach to the virus situation is to drive customers around endless loops on the phone or on the website without offering any practical solutions to the issues, because they do not want to send engineers out during the virus epidemic (which I could understand), then why, oh why, do they not just say so in their recorded phone messages or clearly state as much on their website

Clearly the virus is a major dislocator of normal service, but the lack of communication from Virgin on this issue to obviously frustrated, and often very vulnerable, customers is just staggering.

Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: non working landline, and Virgin uncontactable

Hi Steve,

Lets get this resolved can you PM me your account number and site id so I can complete some further checks. After that I will contact you first thing in the morning.

I am a virginmedia field technician and my advice is based on my experience in the field or my personal experiences with my own equipment at home. If you think my answer was helpful to you please mark as helpful or consider leaving some Kudos.

Kind regards

Darren Hollands

Access field tech Guildford.

Get 50 pounds of your bill by refering a friend to virginmedia.

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: non working landline, and Virgin uncontactable

Hi Darren, much in same boat here, how do I message you? Thank you. Helen

0 Kudos