cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

noise on landline

Heather
Joining in

Please can anyone help can I do anymore?

I have had a loud noise on my landline incoming and outgoing calls to the extent that I cant hear properly. 

I have disconnect all telephones except the main phone, I have also tried changing the main phone but still no luck. I have tried several times to contact Virgin media but says no agents available try later goodbye!

I seem to remember I had the same problem some years ago and it was something to do with the nearby cabinet. 

Any ideas how to get this checked please. Is there a chatline as I cant find one..

6 REPLIES 6

Joseph_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @Heather,

Welcome back to the Community Forums and thanks for the post.

Super sorry to hear that you are having an issue with your landline. Having checked into the systems I don't see anything which would be causing an issue for you, can you confirm for me if you have a dial tone on the phone?

Have you also checked on out service status page to see if there is an outage affecting your area? You can do so here.

Hope this helps, thanks. Joe

Thank you for your reply. I have checked the status page it just shows TV problems.

There is a dial tone and I can talk to callers but its over the noise.

Trust that helps

Heather  

Joseph_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey Heather,

Thanks for getting back to us, what it looks like we will need to do is send out a technician for you to have a deeper look into the landline issue, in order for us to do this we will need to confirm some details from you in a private message which I will send to you shortly.

if you haven't used our private message function before you can find it vi the purple envelope icon in the top right hand side of your screen.

Speak to you soon. Joe

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Heather,

Thank you for coming back to me via private message and confirming your details. I have now booked you a technician visit for your landline issue – you can check and amend the date and time of your appointment via your online account.

There will be no charge for this visit unless:
•    The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment 
•    The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
•    The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for
The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account. 
Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment.
If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment.
Please keep us updated on how your appointment goes and if you need any further assistance.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thank you for your assistance 👍

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Heather,

No problem at all! Keep us updated on how your appointment goes and if you need any further help. 😊 

Thanks!

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs