cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no telephone signal from BT socket on the wall

PUDS
Joining in

I have had my telephone disconnected from my socket for quite a while as we were getting constant scam calls.

My mobile network signal crashed for a few days, an so I reconnected my telephone to the BT wall socket, but there's no signal/connection, and my phone display says "Please check line cord"

I have read that I may require an adapter to fit into the HUB, if so where can I order one.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi PUDS,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. 

I am sorry for the telephone issue. However, we wouldn't use the BT socket, it should be a Virgin Media socket 🙂

Are you plugged into the master socket? It will have a larger socket and contain a logo of Virgin Media, NTL, Telewest or Nynex. Any extension sockets will be smaller and have no logo. 

The system check shows you're on the old style phone socket 🙂

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi PUDS,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. 

I am sorry for the telephone issue. However, we wouldn't use the BT socket, it should be a Virgin Media socket 🙂

Are you plugged into the master socket? It will have a larger socket and contain a logo of Virgin Media, NTL, Telewest or Nynex. Any extension sockets will be smaller and have no logo. 

The system check shows you're on the old style phone socket 🙂

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

I have 2 sockets on the wall, and have tried the cable in both sockets with my phone asking me to “check the cord” on both occasions.  
When I look at my virgin bill,  it also looks like my telephone number has changed. 

Hi PUDS thanks for getting back to us

Sorry to hear that you're currently unable to use your landline.  I would love to help you resolve this.  I am going to send you a private message.  Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R

Hi PUDS, thanks for getting back to me privately.  

This is just a quick note to confirm you're satisfied with the response and efforts of the forum team?  Remember if you ever need assistance in the future, our fantastic community and forum team are always willing to lend a hand.

Regards

Lee_R

You have been a great help in arranging for an engineer to visit my home, hopefully it’ll be a quick fix.

Thanks @PUDS

Please do update us with how things go?

Regards

Lee