cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no ringing tone for callers

Jango1
Tuning in

Hi

When people call my landline there is no ringing tone at there end can you help please.

8 REPLIES 8

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Jango1,

Thanks for posting, and sorry to hear you're having some issues with the landline.

Can you confirm if you're able to make calls okay?

Does the phone have a base unit? If so, is it seated properly?

Have you been able to test a different handset at all?

Alex_Rm

Hi

I have tried 2 base units and both are working ok with making calls etc 

The issue looks to me like a line issue somewhere in the system if when people are making calls to me they hear nothing ( no ringing tone) but not on every call some get a ringing tone sometimes.

Thank you for confirming this @Jango1 

Do you know if there is a difference when calling your landline from a mobile phone or another landline at all? 

On both methods do you hear that landline yourself ring at all at your side, or is there just ringing tone on the callers side? 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Markf79
Tuning in

Same issue here for the past 2 days.

I can hear the ringing tone when calling from a landline to it but nothing when ringing from a mobile to it.

My mum lives a few doors down, same issue. Tried a friend's mobile too (different network, same outcome).

Originally I thought it was my mobile network. Until my two friends tried theirs who are both on different networks.

The recipient can hear it ringing as normal. Answers but I cannot hear them.. just my own voice back at me.

When calling virgin I get told via an automated message there's an issue in my area affecting TV and broadband (doesn't mention home phone) but the status checker says everything is peachy.

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Markf79,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forums 😊

I am so sorry you are having similar issues, I can see on our systems you are affected by an SNR outage, can you please advise if your landline is plugged into your hub?

Zoie

Good morning, thank you and apologies for hijacking a post 🙈

No I'm not plugged in to my hub, neither is my mum. Plugged straight in to the wall.

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for your reply, and no worries we can wait for the OP to pop back so they can answer Carley's questions 🙂 

I can book a tech in to come and take a look into this for you, it may be cancelled due to the SNR, but I can email the area field manager as your landline is not connected to a hub.

Keep an eye out for the little envelope 📩

Zoie 😊

it seems random on what works 

i would says mainly land lines dont work