Menu
memo1980
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

no ring for incoming calls

for some weeks now our landline has not rang,  It turns out that when someone rings it makes a funny bleep and goes straight to answer phone. Landline is plugged direct into the wall.  After a chat with a neighbour who was having the same problem it turns out that the sockets on the wall no long work in our area,   A engineer has visited my neighbour and plugged her landline straight into her router (hub 3).   I would like to do this to but when i go into my hub settings it tells me that telephony service is disabled.   How can this be turned on.  I am not really happy about having a engineer visit just to turn something on.  Please help as are family need this to communicate with us. 

0 Kudos
Tom_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: no ring for incoming calls

Hi memo1980, thanks for getting in touch - apologies for the delayed response.

I'm also sorry for the problems you've had with your phone line. 

I understand that in some cases an engineer visit is required to get the phone line working via the hub, I'm unsure if that's the case here as I wasn't able to check using your forum details alone on this occasion.

In case this is something you still need help with now I'll get in touch via PM to confirm some details and will do all I can to help from there.

Tom  

0 Kudos
pyromyst
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Also have a similar issue.

Just been sent a new Hub3 as my old one had firmware issues , i now have NO LANDLINE ,  as previously stated telephony is currently disabled but on my previous hub it was enabled.

Do i still need an engineer to do this?

0 Kudos
Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi pyromyst,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about the issue with the landline. This certainly isn't what we want for any of our customers. 

It sounds like we do need an engineer to investigate this. What I will do is private message you so we can get this booked in. 

^Martin