Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

no phone

I have had no home phone for over a week now, despite two previous engineer visits to fix the problem. Like a previous poster, the useless web site just sends me around in circles, & the system checker says there is no fault on the line. How are we expected to report a problem by dialing 150 when it is not possible to get an outside line ?! Ridiculous. Also, the other phone number keeps me hanging for an hour & then cuts off. This service is unacceptable, & I will certainly be moving supplier once the fault has been rectified. I would not recommend this company to anyone.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: no phone

Hi Chrisb252, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

I am very sorry to hear that you're still without a landline, this isn't good. 

What have the engineers advised when they've been out to fix the issue? 

Do let us know and we'll see how we can get this sorted.

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emma.

The problem occurs after rain - ie according to the engineer there is water getting into the cabling coming into the property. He has tried swapping wires (?) to see if we can get a line that is not affected, but this has not worked. It seems to me that he is reluctant to admit that the cabling will have to be dug up / replaced somehow. Perhaps this is a big job, but that doesn't help us ! (Also, I am at a loss as to how your self test system does not show a fault on the line). This problem has been coming & going for quite some time now, & as I said earlier, we have had no line whatsoever for a week now. Anyone trying to phone in to us gets an engaged tone apparently. (The engineer says this is to be expected with this type of fault !). Please expedite this issue as soon as possible - & I would request a rebate for an unusable service also.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi chrisb252

Thanks for getting back to us.  Can I ask if your phone is the only service impacted, and also is your phone plugged into a traditional phone socket or to a broadband hub?

Regards

Lee_R 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lee.

The phone is plugged into a traditional socket not a hub, & the phone is the only thing affected.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi there @chrisb252

Thanks so much for popping back last night - I was sorry to hear about your landline issue so soon after your last technician visit. I have been able to locate your account via  your forum information and have gone through some remote checks for you already. 

I am sorry but it is advising that another technician is required currently - at the time of writing, there are no known area issues. I have gone ahead and booked a slot for you; you can check the date and time of this slot via your online account and if it's not convenient or you need to cancel it, you can also do that via your account. 

If you have any issues logging in and checking or need any more help or assistance with this, please do pop back and let us know. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos