forumarchive,nothingtosee,
Menu
M11K
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

no dial tone,

My home line appears dead, no tone, tried two different phones, same result, test of phone line via website shows no issues, 

Can some one help shed some light on the issue, why my landline is dead?

Thanks

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: no dial tone,

Good Morning M11K,

Thanks for your post and a very warm welcome to our Community Forums!

Sorry to hear you've been having issues with your phone line.

I've taken a quick look into your account and can't see any outages currently.

How is the service looking today?

Can you please advise me if you've been able to test the line with only one phone connected on the line via the master socket? 

Kindest regards,

David

0 Kudos
M11K
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi David thanks for your reply, 

I took off the cover and tested on the connection directly, still no tone, used two different phones, also plugged the phone in the back of router incase it had any signal for the phone there, no crackling sound or tone picked up. I have not tested the phones on any one else's line. 

Regards

Mumtaz

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Not quite sure I understand what you mean by taking the cover off and testing directly @M11K

However, I can advise that you do not get your landline through your Hub - it will be via the master socket only. As you have advised you have already checked this with an alternative handset, we have gone through all the remaining checks here and we would need to get a technician out to take a look for you. 

Are you or anyone in your home currently self-isolating and not able to have a visit at the moment? 

What I'll do is pop you a Private Message so we can get pass security and get a technician booked as soon as possible. Please look out for the Purple Envelope and reply when you can. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
M11K
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi could you arrange for an engineer appointment please, 

I have been busy occupied with personal situation, my landline has been out for months,

could I have phone number for contact.

kind regards

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I can look into this for you M11K, are you still having the same issues as your first post on this thread? 

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos