Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 11 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: no dial tone how can you contact virgin - I don't have a mobile but internet works

I was being very casual with the truth: I do have a mobile phone but sometimes I can't find it and if the battery is flat we just wait for it to turn up. I did not want to post that we had lost our mobile temporarily because I might come over aa a real prat and not just a pretend one .

regards

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 12 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: no dial tone how can you contact virgin - I don't have a mobile but internet works

@disgruntled007 wrote:

I tried webchat at 4.30pm on Saturday was told to try again when they were open: I tried it yesterday and after 20 minutes of putting off and prevarication I almost lost the will to live.

regards

HOLD ON ......

WEBCHAT WAS ON LINE HOLD THE FRONT PAGE .....

"Pay Peanuts You Get Monkeys"
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 13 of 16
Flag for a moderator

@disgruntled007 wrote:

First thing I did was to plug another phone in but thanks anyway. It should be possible to contact Virgin faults by a messaging service or email. Problem now fixed after several failed promises after 2 days.

i've had the same problem for over 6 days now and was thinking the same thing the other day too their should be away to get in touch with them, But i guess thats way most folk come on here to get the help or info they need, As how can you ring them if u have a dead landline or no mobile and then when and if you get tho on the phone to vm they are no help i have found they just fob you off with random silly excuses !

"Pay Peanuts You Get Monkeys"
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 14 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi Wezza, 

I have replied to your other thread yesterday 🙂 

Cheers!

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 15 of 16
Flag for a moderator

I have just had the same problem.

Last week I tried using my phone, but the line was dead. I thought that the batteries where dead in the phone, so I got some new ones and installed them in the phone but there was still no dialing tone. As the phone is 10-15 years old I then thought that it might be that the phone had just given up the ghost, so yesterday I brought a new phone, connected it up, but the line is still dead.

It then occurred to me that I have had a new TIVO box installed a few weeks ago and was wondering it the engineer who fitted it might have accidentally closed my phone line somehow.

How can I contact Virgin to report this when I don't have an operating phone?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 16 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your post PhilipB5 and welcome to our community.

I'd like to look further into this as we may need to send an engineer to investigate further. I'm going to pop you over a private message with some security questions if you can please respond to this by going to the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Thank you, Emily

0 Kudos