Menu
johnny64
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

no dial tone and crackling sound?

hi had no probs weekend called out received calls, today no dial tone and just crackling,phone will ring if someone calls  but when press to receive pick just noise crackling?,done virgin test no fault found?,tried unplugging wall socket,no good, tried book engineer come out as I'm pensioner need phone!,went through sequence book but when I press confirm nothing happens so I don't know if anyone's coming tomorrow 4-7 pm what a stress hope someone can help me please.

0 Kudos
Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: no dial tone and crackling sound?

Hi johnny64,

Welcome to our community and thanks for posting. Sorry to hear that you have not working landline currently, we understand the frustration caused when this stops working.

Can we ask if you have tried another handset in the master socket? Also if you have any extension please remove these and try with just one handset plugged in.

Please can you let us know when you have tried the above so we can assist you further.

Kind regards Jodi

johnny64
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

no dial tone crackling sound reply jodi

hi Jodi thanks reply,yes I tried neighbours phone in wall absolutely nothing completely dead nothing no sound at all!

still have same problem today phoned virgin have engineer coming tomorrow 12-4 ,I had bad crackling on line over a year ago it fixed after two attempts good service from virgin and quick,hopefully resolved.

cheers

0 Kudos
SCA1972
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: no dial tone crackling sound reply jodi

@johnny64 Please don't create multiple threads for the same issue it is against the forum rules.  I have merged your threads.

My setup: V6 TV box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
HowardML
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: no dial tone crackling sound reply jodi

Now I see what your problem is about replying. You are creating multiple threads. Just locate your original thread and keep to that one or it gets terribly confusing. OK you haven't been here before but that idea should be obvious. You keep all your letters to one person together at home. Same thing here. If you are not sure where your thread is or want to find it quickly then click on your name or image when you login or at any other time and then "My profile". That will always give you a list of all your posts

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos