cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new voip line rig ever 50 minutes on the dot

rmd69
Tuning in

Hi,  i have just been switched from the traditional land line to VOIP, for some reason every 50 minutes the phone rings once then cuts off no number on caller display , it all working correctly receiving and calling ok apart from the Phantom calls, I have looked at all other appliances to see if this could be triggering the phone ie alarms cctv and heating , any ideas virgin said it was the bt phone but removed everything and put i a non bt phone still doing it 

23 REPLIES 23

Which models of VM Hubs are involved in this 50mins ring interval business ?

I have a Hub 5

dgray
Tuning in

Are there any new updates? This is a persistent issue. 😞

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @dgray

Thanks for your response

The fault has been identified now and a fix is due shortly, I do not have an exact timeframe but this is the latest update provided by the team.

My apologies for any inconvenience

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks!

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

You're very welcome @dgray - thank you for your patience with this, it is much appreciated.

Have a great weekend

Travis_M
Forum Team

jigglypuff99
Joining in

This also happens on the business service (which doesn't have a forum) with the CHITA router as we have the same behaviour.  In an effort to see what was going on, we put an oscilloscope across the two conductors out of the RJ11 socket on the back and can see every 50 minutes there is a 5V dip from the constant 48V DC they are held at when there is no call, 300ms of noise (a few mV of fluctuation around 48V DC), then  a small spike of about 2V.  While not a full AC ring signal onto the constant DC, it is enough to trigger our PABX into a phantom ring.

This is clearly generated by the router as it starts once the router is rebooted then every 50 minutes thereafter, but whether it originates from a signal sent from the VM VOIP service sent to the router once it says "hello, I'm here" to the service then every 50 minutes thereafter, or is generated within the router all on its own we obviously have no visibility of.  Either way, it's very, very annoying.

@jigglypuff99 wrote:

This also happens on the business service <snip>

Your description sounds similar to the explanation from the VM forum team member here

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Home-Phone/Constant-quot-no-number-calls-quot-since-moving-to-I...

on this mega-topic for the Hub 5. A firmware update on the Hub 5 seems to have eventually resolved the issue for Hub 5 users.

Your VMB device is a different router but the descriptions and issues sound similar.

Technical support for your service would be through VMB but there may possibly be a common theme between the two sets of issues which you might want to explore with VMB.

wooo hoooooo they have stopped after a year off them finally 

Thanks for the update @rmd69 

If we can help with anything else, do let us know.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team