Menu
PorFin
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

new hub told to contact Virgin

Got new hub. told to contact Virgin to activate home phone. An impossible task... it is impossible to contact Virgin. Hours on the phone, hours on their website. disgraceful. Fed up with Virgin.

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: new hub told to contact Virgin

Hello

When you say got a new hub, where was the phone line plugged into before ?

If it was plugged into hub the new hub will take 24-48hrs to re-activate the phone service.

If it was plugged into a standard VM phone jack, then that is where it will remain, as you phone has not been switched.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi PorFin,

Thanks for reaching out to the community forums. @DJ_Shadow1966, is correct. Are you able to confirm if the broadband is working with the new hub and also if you are set up for VOIP service or standard phone service using the phone jack in the wall?

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos
PorFin
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mike, thanks for your comments. It turns out that..no..the new hub 3 was just left with a phone connection hanging out the back. I was told complete rubbish by the engineer, wasted hours and hours of frustration with virgin....phone ( waste of time) website... another complete waste of  time.( You have to fit about 3 or 4 if their criteria or topics, or forget it) and web chat..another disaster...hours and hours of getting nowhere. Virginare the most disgraceful communication  company going. I eventually had another (3rd) engineer out..who called them and sorted it. I would never recommend virgin to anybody. They get your money...then you're on your own. They don't believe in humans or staff to help. Awful company..spread the word.

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi PorFin,

Thank you for updating us to let us know that the issue is now resolved. I am truly sorry for your recent experience, and that it took 3 engineer visits until this is sorted. I appreciate this isn't the best and it should have been sorted for you the first time around.

If you would like us to raise a complaint for you on your behalf, please do let us know and we'll be happy to do that for you. If there's anything else we can do to help from here or if there's anything you need, please don't hesitate to ask.

Kind regards,

Beth

0 Kudos