cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new fibre phone adapter

dekx1000
Joining in

hi, my hub is upstairs in a bedroom, and the landline is downstairs in the hall where we would like it to stay, could we have a hub downstairs please? we don't want 15m's of wire running down the stairs

8 REPLIES 8

ashipway
Tuning in

Same here, in fact I imagine there will be hundreds in the same boat.

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @dekx1000 

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

I'll certainly be able to get this sorted for you, I'll drop you a private message now to confirm some further details so we can get this booked in.

Keep an eye on your inbox for a message from myself 🙂

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

1000's, why would they do this? can't make it out

thanks travis that was a quick reply

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @ashipway 

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

Sorry to hear you're also struggling to have the hub / phone situation resolved, keep an eye on your inbox and I'll also drop you a private message to collect some more information so we can have this resolved for you.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @dekx1000 

Thanks for communicating with me via Private Message!

We've now got the engineer visit booked in for you, be sure to keep us updated with how the visit goes so we know this is all sorted for you 🙂

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

VMUser1812
Fibre optic

It may well be that you are aware of this already, but you mentioned 'having a hub downstairs'. The tech that has been booked in for you will move your existing hub from the upstairs bedroom, probably to the hall so as to be alongside the phone.

Would this be an issue for you, do you have anything wired directly into the hub? Moving it will definitely change the WiFi characteristics throughout your house, whether this will be a problem is impossible to predict upfront.

not sure, the existing hub is next to the computer tower upstairs, but of course the virgin box for the telly is downstairs but receives the signal ok to change channels etc,