Menu
janeej
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

mobile phones not connecting when ringing my landline

When my wife or I ring our virgin home landline from our virgin mobiles the landline rings but when answered it doesn't connect, there is no sound on the landline or mobile, you have to redial at least once more before it connects. If we phone the mobile from the landline it works first time!

0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: mobile phones not connecting when ringing my landline

Hi Janeej, 

Very sorry to hear that there seems to be an issue calling your landline from your mobile, this is odd. 

Can I ask if this happens when you dial any other numbers from the mobile or is it just your landline? 

Are you ringing the landline from the phone book? Could you try manually entering it and making the call? 

Has anybody else reported any issues ringing you at home? 

Thanks

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
janeej
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

We have now tried dialing the landline number instead of using the mobile's phonebook and it does connect that way, but we don't want to have to dial the whole number everytime - that defeats the purpose of having a phonebook!

0 Kudos
Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to us janeej,

Glad to hear you're able to call the landline when entering the number manually. Are you able to delete the number from your  mobile and re-enter the number again? 

Once you have done this try and call your landline again from your phone book on your mobile and see if it connects for you this time.

If you're still having issues after this please come back to us.

Kind regards Jodi

0 Kudos