Menu
26JNM
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

lost landline number from SKY to Virgin

Hi I have never posted on a forum before so lets hope its first time lucky.

I am into my second week as a Virgin customer having been with SKY for 16 years.

During my switch I was not asked if I want to keep my existing landline number (who wouldn't?) so last week I was given a new number. 

I called Virgin and they said speak to SKY, I call SKY and they said speak to Virgin.

Virgin have a shocking customer service dep't based abroad and I go no sense out of them so I started a live chat yesterday at 8.56am and it had to stop at 6pm because they go home and restart at 8.48am this morning. After being told yesterday by one of their representatives that I can have the number they are now telling I cannot.

I have checked my old landline number and its not active, how difficult can it be for them to get it back? Help would be very much appreciated.

James

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: lost landline number from SKY to Virgin

Good afternoon @26JNM 

Welcome to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am sorry to hear that you have had some issues with keeping your landline number. 

So if the landline is not active with a previous provider (sky in your case) we would not be able to port the number over.  If sky are able to temporarily active your number then we would be able to port this over to us. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos