Menu
BridgetR
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

loss of 1471 service

Since an engineer fixed our external line 3 weeks ago, we lost our Caller ID and 1471 services. This morning I spent 104 minutes in the phone queue to Virgin media. A technician eventually answered to help. He told me that he had switched both back on, called back to check Caller ID which is now working. He assured me that 1471 was also now activated, but unfortunately it is not.

I cannot afford the time to spend another hour-plus trying to get through to technical support. Can someone help me sort this as it is a valuable service to us?

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: loss of 1471 service

Hi BridgetR,

Welcome to the Community Forums!

I'm sorry to hear that some of your landline features stopped working since a fault was resolved with the external network. I've been able to find your account and I can see that your landline service service is showing up as uncontactable, which could mean that there's another issue somewhere down the line. 

Just to confirm, are you now able to use the service at all?

Thanks,

Beth

0 Kudos
BridgetR
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi, yes, our landline is working fine ingoing and outgoing, and Caller ID is working. 

It's just the 1471 which isn't!

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for confirming @BridgetR, just wanted to be 100% sure 🙂

I've checked the landline switch for you, and the 1471 service is showing as active on there and is showing on your account OK. So I've raised the issue with our second line landline faults team, who will be looking into this further for you. I've raised the issue under the reference: F008621229. The team will contact you as soon as they can to confirm when the issue has been resolved.

If you need anything else from us just give us a shout. If not, have a great weekend!

Beth

BridgetR
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Beth. I appreciate your quick response and thank you for keeping me informed.

Bridget

0 Kudos
BridgetR
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Beth, The issue has now been resolved after a call from Virgin technical. Thank you very much for your help. 

0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Great to hear you got it resolved BridgetR,

Thanks for letting us know 🙂

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos