cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

line cord error

TonyB001
Tuning in

Yet another line cord error on a BT phone

waited for switchover date, followed instructions and get this line cord error and no dial tone.

router has been reset loads of times, no error lights on front of the router

unplugged and plugged it all back in countless times, thought I would leave it in case Virgin takes time to get phones working, and just forgot about it until now.

tried phoning the phone and phoning from the phone but no luck. Any help would be appreciated

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Client62
Legend

If the wall telephone sockets are still working & can make calls, the change over to Hub has not happened.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

12 REPLIES 12

Client62
Legend

If the wall telephone sockets are still working & can make calls, the change over to Hub has not happened.

Nathan_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @TonyB001 👋 Welcome to our forum and thanks for your post 😊

Sorry to see that you've got no working landline, we'll certainly be happy to assist you with getting this working.

Just to confirm, have you been able to check our service page here to see if this is due to any known area issue? If nothing shows you can also sign into the service page to run a fault test with your connection.

If this doesn't help, we also have a landline help page here for further support.

If you still have no luck with this working after doing all the above checks, please let us know, we're always happy to help.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

wall socket is dead, 1st thing I tried

I logged into my account to see if there were any issues but only tv had issues, phone line was green

oh and I tried to report it as an issue but there is no option for it not working at all so I'm stuck there as Virgin doesn't think that a phone line not working at all is a possibility

This is not at all useful, I clicked on reply and it automatically marked this as a solution, typical virgin, nothing works as it should

Thanks for letting me know, as this hasn't helped I'll send you a PM to confirm your details so this can be investigated further.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

cheers Nathan

No worries, this has been sent for you now so please keep an eye out for my message 😊

Regards

Nathan