Menu
johnC9
Tuning in
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

line cord error

Help please, "line cord error" showing on phone screen. There is no problem with phone itselfas I have tested it on a neighbours socket and it sends and receives calls perfectly. I have also tried an alternative working phone in my socket. The Service Status states "sorry we couldn't complete the running test because it was taking longer than it should. Would appreciate any advise asap. Thank you

NeilTinLA
Tuning in
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: line cord error

Same here.  Phones are working on a different line, everything plugged in, nothing changed.  I also get the Service Status "sorry we couldn't complete the running test because it was taking longer than it should."  Sounds like a general issue.  I need my phone

0 Kudos
johnC9
Tuning in
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi NeilTina, 

thank you for your reply. Landline has been down last 3 days. I'm wondering if power cut on Thursday evening (13th) has anything to do with problem.

0 Kudos
NeilTinLA
Tuning in
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi JohnC9, We didn't have a powercut here (Bristol area) but we did have rain like it was going out of fashion.

0 Kudos
johnC9
Tuning in
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

LINE CORD ERROR

Hi, having reported the fault to Virgin on the morning of Monday 17th August, I am still unable to make or receive calls from my  virgin land line. The message "line cord error" remains on the phone screen. The phone itself works perfectly when plugged into a neighbours line. I have also tested a neighbours perfectly working phone in my line and the same error message appears.

Does anyone know the email address of Virgin, in order to make a complaint?
Thank you

0 Kudos
SCA1972
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: LINE CORD ERROR

They don't have an email address for complaints.  Their complaints procedure is documented here:

https://www.virginmedia.com/content/dam/virginmedia/dotcom/images/shop/downloads/J3085_Code_of_Pract...

What did they say when you reported the fault?  If it is a fault with your line then they usually send out an engineer to fix it, unless it is a local area issue.

My setup: V6 TV box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
SCA1972
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@johnC9 Just noticed you already had a thread for this issue.  Please don't create multiple threads for the same issue, it doesn't get your issue resolved any quicker and is against the forum rules.  I have merged your threads.

When you say you reported the issue, do you mean just via this forum?  This is not the quickest way to get a response for an issue like this.  Calling VM support or using their messaging service is the best way to alert them to a fault.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Digital-life/When-and-how-to-use-our-messaging-service/ba-p/425...

My setup: V6 TV box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
johnC9
Tuning in
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi SCA1972,
I originally reported the fault on their 0345 number even though it was impossible to actually speak to anyone (I do not have a virgin mobile). Since then I have had text correspondence where each and every day I have been led to believe that I would have the fault rectified. 
I was totally unaware that I had created a new thread. This is my first time on this or any other forum.
JOHNC9

0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi JohnC9, 

Really sorry that you're still having an issue with your landline, this isn't good. 

I've had a look at the back end of things and it looks like we're going to need to book a tech visit for you. 

I'll pop you a message now and we can get this arranged. 

Thanks.

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
johnC9
Tuning in
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emma_C, any help gratefully received. I look forward to having my land line working again.
Thank you
JohnC9
0 Kudos