cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

landline

waddy60
Joining in

I joined virgin 3 week ago and since the set up my landline as not been working they have sent out 2 tech guys to fix it but could not fix it they both said they would ring me back they never did

Im disabled and my care team contacts me via my landline but they cant as virgin wont fix it

tried to contact them dozen times no response terrible customer service wish I had never joined them

6 REPLIES 6

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi waddy60,

Thanks for your post and a warm welcome to our Community Forums.

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing problems with your Landline service. When our Technicians visited, what was advised? To confirm, are you plugging your Landline into the wall or the back of your Hub? 

As you've been installed recently, you'll most likely be on our 21CV/Fibre Phone service, which requires your Landline to be plugged into the back of the Hub through the provided adapter. So if you're plugging it into the wall, please try using the adapter to connect it to your Hub into the "TEL 1" port.

Can you also confirm whether the issue is when making/receiving calls? What happens when trying to call to/from your number?

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Hi

Thanks for the reply when i first signed up 3 week ago i was on the M250 hub and a guy came fitted everything and all was good then landline was fine  I upgraded to 1Gig hub and that were the problem started 

and thats when my landline stopped working the tech guys say there is no issue my end it must be somewhere else but havent got a call from anybody and trying to get in touch is a nitemare my line is connected to the hub I get a dial tone but when i try ringing a number it just purrs driving me mad 

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for clarifying on that one, waddy60. 

I'm going to send you a private message so I can look into this further for you. Please look out for it in the top-right, purple envelope.

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

waddy60
Joining in

So Were do I stand right now Ok since I posted this some 2 weeks ago what as happened

nothing 4 weeks in and still no landline 4 engineers visits to my home what for I have no idea as they have all said its not my end were the fault is

last engineer came last Tuesday and since then not one phone call to say what is happening

Ive asked can I downgrade to see if that will sort the issue no reply 

This as to be the worst of the worst customer support

What do i do know not a clue as nobody can be bothered to tell me

To be honest I dont think they even care

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi waddy60 👋

I'm sorry to hear about this. As mentioned in our private message, this was escalated to our Telephone Team, who have been attempting to get in touch.

I'm going to reopen our private message to provide you with further details. Please look out for it in the top-right, purple envelope.

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

Yes They have my mobile number but bet there trying the landline lol

my mobile is with me always nobody as tried to call me from virgin