cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

landline

kfhilliard
Joining in

(I'm cutting and pasting from a similar message from earlier in the year, since my problem is exactly the same. You went offline for the solution, so here goes again:)

Landline has not been working for days now.

Can't call out, can't receive calls - just rings on the mobile and nothing happens on the landline.

The fault simply has to be with the line but your website says everything is fine, and your website is unhelpful with no actual option to report and just sending you round in circles.

Not happy but would appreciate any help that doesn't just give me a link to your websites merry go round "help" pages where there is nowhere to actually report the issue.

4 REPLIES 4

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi kfhilliard, 

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting. 

I am very sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with your landline service, we will be able to help. 

Can you please confirm if your landline is connected to the Hub or the main socket?

Also can you please check that the cables leading to and from the equipment are secure and without damage? 

If no issues with the cables are found, are you able to check another handset on the line? 

Thanks, 

Nat

The landline phone is plugged into the socket.

The cables are secure as far as I can tell.

We have two handsets. Both show all the phone functions operating, i.e. there is no technical issue with the handsets. It's just that we can't make or receive calls.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for checking and confirming. 

I am going to need to look in to this further from our side so I am going to pop you over a private message to confirm a few details. 

This will be available via the purple envelope on the top right of this page. 

Speak soon, 

Nat

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi kfhilliard, 

Thank you for joining me on private message. 

I am happy to confirm the appointment has been scheduled for the agreed date and time. 

Please do let us know how the visit goes and if we can assist in the future. 

Thanks, 

Nat