cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

landline

drive12345
Joining in

Hi my virgin landline is not working and I cannot find a way to report it, I need to book an engineer

22 REPLIES 22

Hi 

Yes I have tried two hand sets and there are two extensions in the house but nothing is working. I know Virgin were undertaking maintenance work in my area yesterday but I had a text on the afternoon to say it was completed and the landline was working yesterday.

Thanks for the reply @drive12345.

Sorry I may have misunderstood.
The landline, is it working now or still faulty?
Let us know.

Kind regards

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Sorry to confuse what I meant was that it was working yesterday when the maintenance work was going on but it has been dead since we got up this morning

Not to worry @drive12345.

Sorry to hear the issue is still there.
I will look in to this for you.
Watch out for the purple envelope inviting you in for a private chat.

Kind regards.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

Thanks for chatting with us today.

As mentioned, let us know if anything happens and we will further investigate the matter 🙂

Kind regards.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

Thank you for your fast responses

Happy to help any time 🙂

Take care and enjoy your day, let us know in a few days how it is.

Kind regards.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

I have no phone to report my landline not working for a week now, it is not a fault in or outside my home, it is located somewhere beyond the closest connection box, my son works for B.T and confirms this. Thanks

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey Jenny44, thanks for posting on our forum page with this issue.

We're sorry to hear that your landline has been having a fault for over a week, also that you haven't managed to report this to us previously.

We'd love to help out with this, could you please let us know if you have a dial tone and whether the line is connecting on a VM wall socket (master socket) or an extension?
How mane devices are currently plugged on and in use and have you also tested other handsets / sockets to see if the issue persists?

Let us know of the above, happy to assist further.

Adri
Forum Team

Phone is connected to virgin socket, I have checked my phone in neighbours socket, and it works, also bought a new phone, that does not work in my socket either, My son worked for Virgin, he now works for Openreach, checked the phone and line, he says the fault is not at the closest connection box, that it is further afield.