Menu
Aj55
Tuning in
Message 1 of 25
Flag for a moderator

landline

Virgin Media contractors cut our phone line when migrating our wires into a back box in the pavement.

we've had no dial tone for 4 weeks , and virgin have sent 3 engineers since - who've all told us that virgin need to send contractors to put a phone line in( earliest they can come is first week of august)

the last virgin engineer who came managed to set up a temporary phone line using an old connection from our neighbours house, so for now we use of the landline.

not sure if its coincidence or not but we've been having calls from BT since yesterday claiming suspicious activity on the phone line and that it may be disconnected.

anyone had experience with a situation like this and any compensation i might be entitled to for loss of service and the inconvenience?

0 Kudos
Hetty_R
Forum Team Manager
Forum Team Manager
Message 2 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Re: landline

Hi Aj55, 

Welcome to our community forums! 

I am really sorry to hear you've been having problems with your landline. 

We do sometimes set up a temporary line that will be from another Virgin customer. BT have nothing to do with your services with us, it is likely it's a scam call, have you provided them with any personal details?

If you haven't already we would ask you to check whether you've registered with TPS ( Telephone preference service).

We wouldn't expect you to pay for a service you do not receive, so it is likely we would look at a loss of service credit for the time you were without the landline. However this would not apply for the period you've been on a temporary line as you've been able to use the service. Have our team offered you any loss of service credit? 

Look forward to hearing from you, 

Hetty_R
0 Kudos
Aj55
Tuning in
Message 3 of 25
Flag for a moderator

thanks very much for your response. i didnt give away any personal information and hung up as i assumed it was a scam so thanks for confirming.

we've been offered some compensation for the loss of service but only £20 for 4 weeks of no phone , and countless mobile phone calls and 4 engineers of which only the final one managed to set up a temporary line. this along with the fact that virgin cut the line in the first place seems unsatisfactory.

thanks

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @Aj55

Thanks for popping back - I can see that we have been contacted and a technician has been booked for your landline issue. I do hope that this all goes well. 

In regard to the credits owed for loss of service - these are worked out automatically based on how long your service has been down. I do see that a complaint was logged for this issue and a resolution letter was posted to the account holder. 

Please do keep us posted with how things go after the visit and if you are still having issues or require further credits, we can take a look then. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Aj55
Tuning in
Message 5 of 25
Flag for a moderator

thanks , yes i believe somebody is coming 4th of august to put a new line in

will keep you updated if anything changes

thanks
0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Thanks @Aj55 - we hope to hear good news from you in a few weeks. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Aj55
Tuning in
Message 7 of 25
Flag for a moderator

the contractors from Kier just left after (i think) putting a new line , and now my black box with the wires in has green spray paint on it. any idea what the green paint means? have they finished or have they marked it to come back later?. they left without saying anything

thanks
0 Kudos
Tom_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Hi Aj55, sorry for any delay or confusion - checking things now the work-order is still open and yet to be completed so it looks like there's further work to do. If the teams don't return this afternoon please keep us posted, I will try to contact them in the meantime so we can get this cleared up and resolved asap.

Tom

0 Kudos
Tom_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Sorry for the delay Aj55. Just to let you know the teams in the area are aware and chasing this up - I haven't received any specific information just yet but will continue to keep you posted as I do.

Tom

0 Kudos
Aj55
Tuning in
Message 10 of 25
Flag for a moderator

sure ok thanks ill await a response.

and sorry just for my understanding - as part of the forum team are you able to see my postcode etc? is that how you're able to check i on the issues im experiencing on your end?

thanks

0 Kudos