Menu
SID-89
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

landline

Hello

i am a new customer to virgin broadband. I received the broadband cable / modem etc today. But i did not receive phone line connectors. does this come separately? there should be a special adaptor for converting the large white end into the small connector that fits into the modem. 

Please help. 

0 Kudos
adrian_n
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: landline

Morning are you porting a existing number over or new number?

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
SID-89
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

yes. i have requested to port over my existing number. 

0 Kudos
SID-89
Joining in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

there are a couple of phone connectors referred to in the set up instructions. but these weren't in my box. 

0 Kudos
adrian_n
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

That cant be done on the modem in my area yet as there are issues with doing that. Do you have a socket on the wall to check if that is live?

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
SID-89
Joining in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

hi. actually the phone line is live. and it is coming through the router. i used an old phone wire.  

but i have an alarm system that also needs to connect to phone line. but it wont go into the back of the router without the adaptor. 

The phone connectors are meant to be in the box? they are referred to in the instructions. Do they come separately?

0 Kudos
adrian_n
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi glad the phone line is up and running and no all items are usually posted out together.i have checked and i can`t get them sent out either.

0 Kudos
SID-89
Joining in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

i dont understand. if they are meant to be in the box (and are not).. why can i not have them sent out to me? cheers

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hello

As a side note only one of the phone sockets is activate on the hub the one mark phone 1. Also too make you aware that if your broadband is down so is the phone line. https://store.virginmedia.com/content/dam/eSales/Downloads/Phone%20User%20Guide.pdf

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
SID-89
Joining in
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

oh ok - thats interesting. How do you activate the 2nd telephone socket on the hub? 

How do you connect multiple devises that require a phone line? 

0 Kudos