cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

landline problems

lord-vader
Joining in

Hi i recently joined virgin media as a new customer on the 4th April after my mum past away  and i have found that i have no land line it says check phone line I thourght it was my phone as i am connected to the hub so i got a new phone and it says the same thing but when i look on my virgin media it says that there is no problems with the phone.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @lord-vader,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your first post and I'm very sorry to hear about your loss. We can understand how hard it can be to lose a loved one. We're here to help.

I'll be happy to look into this issue further for you to see what's going on with your landline and see how we can assist.

I'll send you a Private Message to confirm a few details. Please keep an eye out for a purple envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. I'll be in touch soon.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @lord-vader,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your first post and I'm very sorry to hear about your loss. We can understand how hard it can be to lose a loved one. We're here to help.

I'll be happy to look into this issue further for you to see what's going on with your landline and see how we can assist.

I'll send you a Private Message to confirm a few details. Please keep an eye out for a purple envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. I'll be in touch soon.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

Client62
Legend

If you are connecting a phone to the Hub make quite sure it is in the TEL 1 socket of the Hub.

The supplied adaptor will also fit into network socket of the Hub, but the phone will not work.

If the phone does not work when connected to the TEL 1 socket or the Hub, perhaps the telephone wall socket is live - connect the phone to find out.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @lord-vader,

Thank you for coming back to me via private message and confirming your details. I have now booked you a technician visit for your landline install issue – you can check and amend the date and time of your appointment via your online account.

There will be no charge for this visit unless:
•    The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment 
•    The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
•    The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for
The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account. 
Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment.
If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment.
Please keep us updated on how your appointment goes and if you need any further assistance.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @lord-vader,

Thanks for coming back to me via Private Message and confirming that you're happy with the appointment date and time. 

Please keep us updated on how your appointment goes and if you need any further help or assistance, please let us know. We'll be more than happy to assist. 

Thank you! 😊 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

the phone is now working after engineer came out yesterday and changed the hub.