cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

landline problem

unlucky1
Tuning in

I have a problem with my landline again,cannot receive incoming phone calls but can call out.Did a service check and it reports no problems.Tried two other handsets and get the same result so i need an engineer.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for coming back to me.

I can see you've already called in since replying and we've booked a tech out. 

This can be tracked here

Let us know how it goes

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi unlucky1

Thanks for getting in touch. Apologies for the incoming call issue on the landline. I've ran some checks here and no issues are showing, no outages etc. 

I presume because you can call out, does this mean you have a dial tone on your landline? Also, is it all calls that can't get through or certain numbers? 

Thanks for confirming about the different handsets as well 🙂

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hello john,

Thanks for getting in touch,the answer to your question is that all numbers cannot contact me.Yes there is a dailing tone where do i go from here?.

Thanks for coming back to me.

I can see you've already called in since replying and we've booked a tech out. 

This can be tracked here

Let us know how it goes

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Landline came back on so cancelled the engineer,got two people to ring me and everything OK.But since then keep getting same fault on and off.

Hi @unlucky1

Thanks for the update.

If the fault keeps coming back on and off, I think its best we get another appointment scheduled for you so a technician can come out and look into this.

Will pop you a PM now 🙂

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks for confirming the details as requested via PM @unlucky1

I have booked the first available appointment for you. You can find confirmation of this via your online account and can also re-schedule if this is unsuitable. 

Let us know how the visit goes 🙂

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs