cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

landline phone 3 month talk plan discount

GFC
Tuning in

I joined Virgin media on the 16th FEB this year The contract included an upgrade on my land line phone - a free 3 month discount. offer on the TALK MORE ANYTIME plan  I told the virgin guy that I did not want this offer but he advised that I can cancel this offer anytime within the first 3 months. The question is how do I cancel this 3 month TALK MORE ANYTIME plan  discount which I did not want in the first place. As usual you cannot find anything on the VIRGIN MEDIA website that allows you to cancel this FREE offer. Any advice much appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

good question - normal route is you have to ring so try this

dial 150 or 0345 454 1111 and follow the prompts to - 'thinking of leaving us' - dont worry about that they do much more - open 8am -10pm 7 days a week - should take you to a UK call centre

theres a freephone number 0800 052 0422. You need option 4 to speak to retentions

in cancelling it you are changing your contract that normally would start a new contract and could reduce discounts and open you up to early disconnection fees on the portion of the contract you cancel - how that will work here i have no idea - its free but it depends how its set up i think 

so try the phone route and hopefully it will be simple - if not come back here

if you get offshore hang up or tell them you want a UK agent i cannot see the offshore script readers having a clue - if they wont transfer you tell them you want to give 30 days notice that usually gets you to a UK agent - once you have that just start again with what you actually want

Tony.
Sacked VIP

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

10 REPLIES 10

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @GFC thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

You can make any changes by calling our team on 0345 454 1111 from any other network or 150 from our landline or mobile service.  The best time to call on weekdays is as close to 8:00am as conveniently possible. 

Regards

Lee_R

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

good question - normal route is you have to ring so try this

dial 150 or 0345 454 1111 and follow the prompts to - 'thinking of leaving us' - dont worry about that they do much more - open 8am -10pm 7 days a week - should take you to a UK call centre

theres a freephone number 0800 052 0422. You need option 4 to speak to retentions

in cancelling it you are changing your contract that normally would start a new contract and could reduce discounts and open you up to early disconnection fees on the portion of the contract you cancel - how that will work here i have no idea - its free but it depends how its set up i think 

so try the phone route and hopefully it will be simple - if not come back here

if you get offshore hang up or tell them you want a UK agent i cannot see the offshore script readers having a clue - if they wont transfer you tell them you want to give 30 days notice that usually gets you to a UK agent - once you have that just start again with what you actually want

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Please do let us know how things go @GFC.

Regards

Lee

Hi All - Have just been informed by VIRGIN Media that i will be robbed on my next billing

Finally contacted help line an they informed me that to cancel the promotional 3 month discount offer for TALK MORE ANYTIME which i did not want in the first place will cost me £120. This is a disgrace as the  the original offer included TALK WEEKENDS only but the VIRGIN accounts person that he will offer TALK MORE ANYTIME free for 3 months. I clearly stated I did not want his offer as i don't use a landline. He replied repeatedly that I cold cancel this offer within the three months with no additional costs. He lied. Its a disgrace - and VIRGIN Disconnections will not even review the original call when I signed up to hear the person clearly state that there would be no cost implications to revert to TALK WEEKENDS only. The original bundle offer I signed up for. Words fail me.

Hi there @GFC, thanks for coming back to us on this thread.

Sorry to see that you have not been able to get your package sorted due to the misinformation given. While we are unable to process any package changes via the forum I can have a look at your details to clarify what is going on with the phone offer you were given so I will send you a PM to confirm your details.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Hello,

Could you tell me if you've got your issue sorted, please?

I'm in exact same situation and I was told by the support that amended contract after the landline cancellation would cost me 15 pounds more...

Thank you

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @alexander100

Welcome to our Community Help Forum 🙂

Thanks for making your first post in this thread, I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing a similar issue regarding your landline. Unfortunately we are unable to process any package changes via the forum but I can have a look at your details on the system to see what's going on with the phone offer you were given. I shall send you a private message now to confirm your details. Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right corner and get back to me when you can 🙂

Best wishes,

Serena

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for sticking with me via PM whilst we looked in to this for you GFC. I have feedback your concerns and complaint as requested. If you have any further issues, pop back here to the Community and we'll be happy to help. Take care

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

No Virgin Media refused to review the original contract recording to listen to the Virgin Media bundle seller advising the promotion could be cancelled before the 3 months was up with no cost implications. Therefore paying for another digital phone line which i already have i.e. WhatsApp which is of course free.