cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

landline not working

sba2022
Joining in

My neighbour and I have been having the same problem with our phone lines for over a week.

Instead of the normal dial tone there is an interrupted choppy sound and we can’t make or receive calls.

The service status shows that there are no problems.

My neighbour contacted the call centre and, after eventually persuading the call centre that there was a problem, an engineer visit was booked. 

The problem was then corrected and the engineer visit cancelled by Virgin.

The problem re-occurred and another engineer visit booked. The problem was again corrected and the engineer visit cancelled again.

The line seemed to be up for most of 7 May (I last checked it at 23:30 hrs and it was OK then) only for it to be down again on the 8 May.

Can someone help get a proper resolution to this please.

5 REPLIES 5

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Him sba2022,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to hear both you and your neighbour have had issues with your Home Phones and 2 technician visits have been cancelled, so I can help I will send you I will send you an invite into a private chat, once received please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi sba2022,

Thank you for joining me in a private chat and clearing security, as advised a technician is now booked for you, you can view and if necessary reschedule or cancel Via your Online Account.

Please let us know how it goes, if you do how it goes, if you need and further help, please reach back out.

Regards

Paul.

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi sba2022,

You are very welcome, glad I was able to help, please let us know how you get on.

Regards

Paul.

A technician was supposed to call 11 May a.m. but has not and no cancellation notice.

My neighbour has now been told that this is an area problem (NE7) and that the coms box at the bottom of the street needs to have a part replaced. This is supposed to be achieved by 1600 hrs today (11 May).

If this is a hardware problem at the box I don't understand how the phone line status could be green when it patently was not.

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @sba2022

Sorry to hear that you are currently affected by an area outage. Any technician appointment booked where the fault has been investigated and found to be an area issue rather than a personal equipment or service issue, are cancelled. This is because the technician would not be able to fix the issue at the property as it's a issue affected the area. The outage number is F009821119 with the estimated end date for 11th May 20022 at 4pm. Please reboot all equipment and try your services again after the outage closed and let us know if you have any further issues. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley