Menu
Jaycee2411
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

landline not working

Hi!

My landlord recently had a company come in to replace our flat doors. The cables above my flat door are now sealed behind a panel. Since this was done my landline no longer works. I can't make or receive calls.

I've got a Virgin engineer coming on Saturday but I'm worried I'll be charged if the reason my landline isn't working is because the workmen messed about with the cable box - and/or because my Virgin telephone line is squashed behind a panel. Is it likely I'll get charged for the call out?

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team Manager
Forum Team Manager
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: landline not working

Hi there @Jaycee2411

Welcome to our Community and thanks so much for your first post - I was sorry to understand that you've had some issues with your landline since having some work done on your home. 

It sounds like the work may have damaged or cut a cable when they we're installing; the technician should be able to check this although they may needed to remove the panels to replace our cabling if that is the case. The line is looking ok from this end which means that we're still getting signal from the cabinet to your home.

We do not charge for fault callouts. 

Please do keep us posted with how things go

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Jaycee2411
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Katie, thanks so much for replying.
I'm not 100% sure exactly what you mean about not charging for fault callouts. Do you mean that even if it's the workmen's fault that the line's not working properly, whatever mistake they made, I won't be charged for it?

I may have to push the appointment back while I wait for the company's site manager to get back to me. He may not like the idea of your engineer tampering with the work they did. What a nightmare.

I will definitely keep you updated. Thanks.
0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team Manager
Forum Team Manager
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thanks for popping back @Jaycee2411

If you need to change your visit, you can reschedule it via your online account ; you can do that up to the date of the original visit 🙂 

We don't charge for any fault call out - if you are having a fault with your services, we'll come and fix this free of charge; hope that puts your mind at ease. 

Hopefully it's a simple fix for you - do let us know what happens

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Jaycee2411
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Katie.

I kept the appointment. The Virgin engineer left a little while ago. It took a bit of doing but he fixed the problem. It looks like the workmen who tampered with the cable box cut clean through one of the cables for my line - something like that. I wish I had thought to record the engineer's full explanation.

Anyway, I hope the reason doesn't change things about my not getting a call out charge. I will be complaining to my landlord for sure.

The engineer advised me to post in the comments box when I get the follow up email about his job, and all that's happened, my being without a landline for 4 weeks as well. Apparently, they do get read.

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thanks for replying and the update, Jaycee2411.

Glad to hear the engineer was able to get this sorted for you. You would not get charged for a severed line.

Cheers,

Corey C

Jaycee2411
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Corey! 🙂
0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team