Menu
Tonygillett1
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

landline not ringing

I have carried out various checks, it is fine in other respects but it does not ring when someone calls. My father-in-law is 94 and lives by himself he likes to ring us at all times of the day, so this is quite a concern.

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: landline not ringing

Hi Tonygillett1

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. I am sorry for the telephone issues and also for the delayed reply. I'll be happy to assist with this.

I've ran a check today and no issues are showing. I do hope therefore that everything has been resolved.

However if not, can I ask is there a dial tone when you lift the handset?

I've also noticed you have a hub 2ac broadband router (separate to what the post about I know). Would you like a free upgrade to the hub 3 router? If so and you're happy to self install, send me a PM and I can get this sent over

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Tonygillett1
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting back to me.

The problem still exists. I have taken to checking 1571 on a regular basis to see see if my father-in-law has left a message (he has left 3 in the last 2 days).

We have 3 handsets and two phone sockets, one with a phone splitter. I have removed 2 of the phones, but that has not corrected the problem.

When I ring the landline from my mobile phone I sometimes to hear the faintest echo of a ring, as if it is struggling to ring out.

And, yes there is a dial tone when I lift the handset.

And, if the hub 3 router is an upgrade to what I have, then yes, please send it to me. I am happy to self install.

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to me, 

I'll PM you now to discuss this further.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for joining me on PM Tonygillett1

Just to update the thread; I was not able to remote fix the phone so scheduled a work order on the account for the telephony team to do further tests as per our diagnostic process. 

The hub was also ordered. You can track the hub delivery from your online account here

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Tonygillett1
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

It's now 2 weeks since I made this complaint, and I am getting seriously fed up.

A week ago I was told that: I was not able to remote fix the phone so scheduled a work order on the account for the telephony team to do further tests as per our diagnostic process. 

Meanwhile I still have to regularly check via 1571 whether my father-in-law has been trying to get in touch.

I rang 151and waited for over 30 minutes to speak to a human. He told me to ring off and he would ring me and I was to check to see if my phone displayed the number ringing. I rang off. My phone indicated that someone was trying to ring me (the call list sign was flashing). I pressed the green button to answer the phone, but there was no-one there. The call list facility told me it was Virgin who rang. So I rang again on my mobile.  I kept my landline in my hand in case the persdon I had been speaking to rang agin. He didn't. After 40 minutes waiting on my mobile phone, the call was ended!

What do I do now?

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tonygillett1

Thanks for coming back to us. Great news about the hub.

My apologies about the landline. Running further checks today for you, is this affecting everyone who calls you?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Tonygillett1
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Yes, it is affecting all calls.

I rang the help line for faults again today and an automatic response told me that the tests showed a fault on the line, and an appointment was booked for Monday.

Hurray!

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks again for coming back to us.

I am glad a visit has been booked in. Please let me know how it goes - I am back in Tuesday so will assist then if needs be 🙂

Have a good one

John_GS
Forum Team

0 Kudos