cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

landline not making or receiving calls

Maloney62
Joining in

there is no dial tone on my landline. when I try to call it is engaged. I have called virgin media and a fault check has been done but when I call for result I have to go through the process of requesting a landline check but never get a result of a previous check. frustrating not being able to talk to anyone.

4 REPLIES 4

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Maloney62,

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post. 

I am sorry to hear you're having some issues with your landline. Appreciate this isn't ideal.

We have some troubleshooting steps that you may find helps here - Why is my Virgin landline not working?

If after going through these, you are still having problems, please respond to my PM and we can take it from there.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for confirming the requested details via PM @Maloney62,
I've booked a technician for you to come out and have a look into the issue with your landline. You can find confirmation of the visit via your online account.

Please let me know if there are any problems with the date or time and I can look to reschedule this for you. In regards to the appointment there are some details you need to know about. There will be no charge for this visit unless:

•The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment 
•The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
•The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for

The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account.

Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can also do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment.

If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment.

Let us know how the visit goes!

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

I have logged into my online account but there is nowhere obvious to see where the details of the technician appointment. When is the appointment? 

Hi @Maloney62,

Just checked and can see the appointment was cancelled as our engineers identified an outage.

The outage has now been verified as resolved and I believe your issue has now been resolved as per the notes on the system.

Let me know if I can help with anything else.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team