Menu
Stignasty2
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

landline no incoming ring / power levels

I have a landline (non VOIP) issue where I get no incoming ring in hot weather, although an incoming call can be answered fine even though the bells are silent, outgoing calls OK. The phone ringer is testing ok on a BT landline. Use of an inductive amplifier you can hear an attempt to send ringing current from your netwiork to my phone heard at the incoming socket and all other sockets, but your power levels in the cabinet are insufficient to activate the bells in hot weather. Cool weather and all works fine!

VM on twitter people gave me a VM text number. The people on that text number tested it and arranged for an engineer, saying the 'technician will be with you on the 17/08/2020 between 12 and 4 o'clock'. No one came! You cant get through on the phone to anyone at VM 151 and they refuse to answer the texts for me to know what happened, if anything? VM on twitter said to contact a moderator here as I am now in a position where I might miss urgent calls if the sun is out.

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: landline no incoming ring / power levels

Hi there @Stignasty2

Thanks so much for popping back to our Forums, I was sorry to understand that you've been having some issues with your landline recently. I have been able to locate your account from your forum information and can see that a technician was booked at the date and time you advise but the notes advise this was cancelled at the request of the account holder - I can only apologise about that. 

I can advise that I have booked you a new technician visit - you can check the date and time via your online account . If the date and time are not convenient you can reschedule via your online account also. 

I do hope all goes well - please do not hesitate to let us know how things go. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Stignasty2
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

so bearing in mind that I didnt cancel, and the text number refuses to answer, and you cant get hold of anyone on the telephone. If the doctor calls about my wifes hearty condition and the sun is out, what the hell am I meant to do, exactly?

0 Kudos
Stignasty2
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

OK. emotions got the better of me...apologies, I see you booked another technician..Thank you. Regards.

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

No worries at all @Stignasty2 

I am sorry about any confusion caused by my reply - I do hope that all goes well with the visit. If you have any issues checking the appointment or need assistance changing it then please do let me know. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos