Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

landline nightmare

Hi having recently transfered services from my current supplier to virgin.  Im in limbo at the moment because Virgin have faied to port my old phone number across from my old supplier which I have had for 33 years. I run a local business and have 33 years of contacts who have my old phone number and seriously need my old number. I have spent hours and hours over the last few weeeks on the phone with Virgin cusomer services being past from pillar to post and nobody seems able to help me with my problem. Im very dissapointed with the service and lcak of help from the VIRGIN MEDIA CUSTOMER SERVICE TEAM and Im now regretting changing supplier.Is this lack of help and support a common problem people have experienced.

Is there anybody out there who can offer me any support or help

Very disgruntled Dean67

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: landline nightmare

Hello

When you requested the line port was the line with the previous supplier still active without a cancellation order on it ?

Once the VM line is active the port will normally take 10 days to complete. To be able to port the number both lines have to be active and the line from the previous supplier must not have a cancellation order on, if it has a cancellation order then the previous supplier would refuse the port. This is in line with the rules set by Ofcom.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: landline nightmare

Hi Dean67

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. 

I am very sorry to hear of the number port issue. From reading the system, this is because the number is no longer active so not able to port it. 

I shall pop a PM over to you now to see if there is anything we can assist with

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos