cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

landline down

Whitedoor64
Tuning in

My landline has been down since approx 10pm on Thursday 11 August.  I have looked at "fix my landline" - "can't receive calls" and you just go round in circles.  My friend has tried to ring 0345 454111 to report the fault and the number just doesnt ring at all (she is with BT).  I have emailed the complaints dept. on Friday 12 August and received a standard automatic reply.  I have no way of speaking to Virgin Media and I am desperate for my phone to be back on.  I have tried a different handset but it doesnt make any difference.  Yet my broadband is still working and there hasnt been a problem with it.  Thanks a lot and best wishes.

8 REPLIES 8

dmason197
Fibre optic

Hi

I think u would find the correct telephone number would be:

0345 454 1111

Kind regards 

Dean

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @Whitedoor64,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issue on the forums.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your landline at the moment and for the problems that you've had trying to contact us.

I have looked into this and can see that there is a fault in your area that was raised on 13/08 and currently has an estimated fix time of 6pm this evening, this is under reference F010037028.  F010037028

Regards,

Steven_L

Dear Steven and Dean

Thanks for the information.  I did go on a page where you clock on "any faults" and the reply was that there arent any faults in my post code area ..... I do hope it will be back on soon.  I believe I will be entitled to some compensation.

Thanks Dean for pointing out the number - I didnt have enough of No.1.

Again thanks a lot and very best wishes.

Thanks for your response @Whitedoor64, I hope that we can get this resolved for you very soon. 

Please keep us updated and I hope the issues is resolved before 6pm today.

You will be eligible for automatic compensation and you can find more information here.

Regards,

Steven_L

Good Evening

I did not get any compensation regarding my landline being down.  Any help would be much appreciated and thanks in advance.

Best wishes.

@Whitedoor64 wrote:

Good Evening

I did not get any compensation regarding my landline being down.  Any help would be much appreciated and thanks in advance.

Best wishes.

How long was your phone down for? VM get 2 clear working days to fix the fault before any compensation starts.

I will send you a Private Message to cover this with you Whitedoor64.

Rob

You're welcome Whitedoor64, happy to help get this resolved for you.

if you need us again in the future please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Rob