cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

landline dead how the hell do you report it

astop123
Tuning in

as subject says, our landline started off very crackly last week and is now non exsitant ,i got a breif dialtone for about 2seconds then went back to nothing, this happend a few months ago when engineers were doing some work on a main box at the top of our street, when they had gone i noticed no dial tone this was off for about 5 days then mysteriusly came back on, same problem then no where to report fault, any ideas from anybody would be really apreciated

many thanks

ann

3 REPLIES 3

g0akc
Problem sorter

You can ring VM on 0345 454 1111 from another phone.  Or wait here here for a forum rep.  There should also be online contact methods including WhatsApp if you have that?

Is there any chance that your phone line has been migrated to digital, so it comes off a broadband hub?  Have you received anything about that?  Do you have a broadband hub with phone socket?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi astop123,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your landline, I have looked into this and there are no known issues in your area, so I have ran some further tests and it the system has shown that a technician visit would be required, I can arrange the appointment from here but would need to confirm a few details via a private message, that I will drop over in a moment. Please look out for the private message and we can get started.

In the future, if you need to report a fault with your services, you can reach the team on 150 from a Virgin line or 0345 454 1111 from another other line, calls to the 0345 numbers are usually included in your monthly mobile allowances. You can also report faults here but if its an urgent issue, I would advise to call in to the team.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

hi thanks steven_L,

not been on here for a long time, in all the years we have had vm and previous names, we have had very few issues with our phone as its been super reliable for an old analog system, sorry but where do i find a personal message, sorry to apear dim but not very well at the moment, and i cant remember how,

many thanks

ann