cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

landline changeover to hub

wendyintrouble
Joining in

We were informed by Virgin Media that our landline will need to be moved to the fibre network.

Although, like many people, we pay for the phone service as part of the package - it has not worked for many years and we gave up trying to get it fixed.  In the end we unplugged the phone and no longer consider ourselves as having a "landline".  I know that if we tried to reduce the cost of our package by having it disconnected, it would in fact cost more... (one of Virgin's idiosyncrasies!) 

So we did nothing and ignored the adaptor that came in the post.  However, I was surprised to see that a charge of £7 was added to my bill - specifically for "change to phone service", especially as this change was imposed upon me and there was no indication of a charge being made.  In fact according to the 'help page regarding home phone upgrades' it states "it's free and super simple to do" (see screenshot below).

wendyintrouble_0-1687515542535.png

I will be contacting Virgin when I can get someone on the other end of the phone to understand me - and asking for this charge to be cancelled. 

1 REPLY 1

Vikki_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi wendyintrouble

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community.

The switch over is free so I'm unsure what that charge is referring to.

I will send you a private message now so we can take a closer look.

Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of the page and pop me a reply when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide