Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

land line down again

Does anyone know why our landline keeps failing at least once a week now, saying phone unavailable when someone try’s to ring you? and just a hum instead of a dial tone getting cheesed off with it, we are both key workers and have a very poorly family member in a care home.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: land line down again

Hi chrismini55,

I am sorry to hear about the issues with your landline.

Is this happening on the same day / at the same time every week?

Can you also please confirm if you are actually able to make calls whilst the dial tone is 'humming'? 

If you are experiencing any other issues with the landline or the quality of the calls (when you're able to receive/make them), let me know.

Looking forward to hearing back

Beth

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi cannot make calls or receive them just humming sound, if you ring the phone it says it’s unavailable. this happened last time can’t remember the day or time, booked an engineer then i magically started working again. The service status checker for landlines never works it’s useless.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thanks  for coming back.

Not all faults are reported on the service checker - this depends heavily on where the fault lies on the network and how many customers have reported the same fault to us. For example, if it's a case of a fault that's isolated to one property, this won't be listed on the service checker.

I have checked things from this end I can't see anything that could be the cause of the issue.

I'm more than happy to rearrange for a tech to come out to take a look, as it's likely that one will be required in order to fix the intermittent problem.

If you're happy for me to do so, let me know and I'll get one booked in for you via PM.

Kind regards,

Beth