Menu
Maninachair
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

keep getting charged for calls I haven't made

I thought I had sorted this out last time back in April this year, but when I had my most recent bill for my landline I was surprised to see 13 phone numbers all of the same number 01902 421825 all lasting exactly one minuite and some in the very early hours 03:36am, I called this number on my mobile and it's a fax number or whatever, but no one answers.

I spoke to billing about this but they insisted that I had made the calls when I do not use my landline for outgoing calls, I have a mobile (not on Virgin) with unlimited calls.

As billing couldn't sort out my problem, I was passed to their technical department who said that I would have to pay for an engineers visit, what a damn cheek when I have allready been billed for calls that I have'nt made.

I spent over 2 hours on my phone to Virginmedia and didn't get anywhere, just passed back and forth to different departments in india, who then started asking me for my password when I had given it to them at the start of the conversation.

As my contract runs out in November, I will not be renewing it, I will be going elsewhere.

This is not good customer relations, I worked for Virginmedia as an engineer, please sort this out before it's too late please.

0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: keep getting charged for calls I haven't made

Hi Maninachair,

Thanks for posting and sorry to hear you're having an issue again with charges on the line.

If you suspect this is a crossed line we can arrange for an engineer to take a closer look, if you're sure no one in the property has made these calls. It's only if no fault is found with the line that this would then be a £99 charge.

I'm happy to arrange this visit if you decide.

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
Maninachair
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for replying, I have been through all of this with different departments of VM today, I am convinced that the issue is related to that of the DP (Cabinet) up the road, there have been a number of vans to the cabinet in the past couple of months VM,Openreach,Kelly Comms to name a few, and it's always after that I am billed for these odd numbers, all of the numbers are the same and I was supposed to have called them at exactly the same time, how's that work then on a single landline? sounds like a subs card fault to me, but I don't work for you anymore.

I will decline the offer of an engineer at this point, as knowing what VM say's when they cannot locate the fault in their equipment, it's a subscriber fault and I will be left to pay a call out charge, so forget it. I won't be renewing my contract.

Thanks for your fast reply anyway.

Best Wishes and stay safe,

Paul.

0 Kudos
lou020
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

exact same problem, 70 calls were made on my line last month.   and 2 x 08448 numbers called last week but not from my house.

trying to sort with virgin is a joke, engineer came out Monday and said there is nothing wrong with my line etc.  its a billing error.

im on hold to virgin as I type.  

0 Kudos