cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

itemised phone bill & phantom calls

LisaMan69
Tuning in

background: Been a loyal Virgin Media (VM) customer for many many years

: Have a set monthly broadband, TV and landline package of £35.

: Landline came as part of the package but we do not have a landline phone in the house or wire connected, can I just shout that bit again WE DO NOT HAVE A LANDLINE PHONE IN THE HOUSE!

: Noticed on August bill £1.27above monthly package, thought odd but let it go

: September bill £3.65 above monthly package, thought must have a look but didn’t

: October bill £2.04 above monthly package, thought I must remember to look but didn’t

: November bill £8.95 above monthly package, did  something!  Went on the ‘WattsApp helpline’ and after chatting with a robot for a while finally chatted with a person, explained these calls could most definitely not have been made as WE DO NOT HAVE A LANDLINE PHONE IN THE HOUSE! Their response maybe someone else made the calls I explained again WE DO NOT HAVE A LANDLINE PHONE IN THE HOUSE! Their response was that the calls were made during the week and our package is only for the weekend and that’s why I’ve been charged, explained again WE DO NOT HAVE A LANDLINE PHONE IN THE HOUSE! They said they could send a technician out but I would have to pay £25 for that!! really?? OMG! This went on and on! They finally said that it wouldn’t happen again and would credit me a one off payment of £10.99 (which looks like Oct and Nov bill)

: my December bill, is more call charges!!

: Phoned them this time, 1 & 1/2 hours on phone!

: Went through the same thing as WattsApp person! WE DO NOT HAVE A LANDLINE PHONE IN THE HOUSE!

: They then said it’s the health care alarm that we have got fitted to the phone line, oh lord! WE DO NOT HAVE A HEALTH CARE ALARM OR PHONE!!

: Their solution now is they are sending a landline phone so I can plug it in and call VM to report what’s happening, so basically back to the beginning. I know it’s not a lot of money that’s been taken but looking on forums this is happening to thousands of people! It’s the same numbers been called throughout the country and is apparently called ‘phantom calls’, if I could find out about it through just a few clicks on line why are the helplines not aware of it?? Surely this is robbery!! I know it’s only a few pounds but it’s happening every month not, my new bill has been credited 10.99 (Oct and nov bill) but not for August and September and now again my most recent bill has a 1.73 charge for calls not made!!! This needs to stop!

[MOD EDIT: Post split to create own thread]

1 REPLY 1

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @LisaMan69 

Thanks for coming back to the thread.

I'll send you a PM now to assist further.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill