Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

is it just me or is virgin help desk designed not to help, i.e. report a problem, its your equipment

is it just me or is virgin help desk designed not to help, i.e. report a problem, its your equipment, so buy new equipment, so call again, ok we will reset, , next day still same problem, so call again only to be told you aren't the account holder so not going to help. so now have to raise complaint that will take 4- 6 weeks , and still have issue .

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: is it just me or is virgin help desk designed not to help, i.e. report a problem, its your equipment

Depends.

The nature of the problem and whether its something VM can do something about tends to influence the quality of the support available. And talking to onshore usually gets a better result than the offshore script readers.

Whats the nature of the problem?

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: is it just me or is virgin help desk designed not to help, i.e. report a problem, its your equipment

on Wed 4th Sept, phone stopped displaying caller id, reset phone/reset up still no caller id. so called virgin, apparently no problem, must be my phone, took bt phone back to curries " under warranty", nice people swapped phone, got home wait 12hrs for battery's to charge, then setup , still no caller id. called virgin again, they said they would reset line. takes 4 hours. so today fri 6th sept. still no caller id, call virgin again, apparently i'm not the owner of line/property/account so wont help. put in complained and raised call for engineer to call, hopefully when they arrive at address,that will be proof of who I am and will then sort problem out. in the mean time disconnected phone go round to friend who has caller id, and amazingly phone works, so didn't need to go to curries, back home phone still has no caller id, So lets see what engineer says when they arrive tomorrow, but i will still be pushing my complaint.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

So are you the account holder? Why did they say you were not, I assume you cleared security?

AFAIK  caller ID is switched on from the centre, not on the physical line so I wouldn't count on the engineer being able to do much..

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

cleared on two occasions, then 3rd time not cleared security, so wont help , wont test settings, on 1st occasion told setting is on , must be my phone, but now have replacement and works on friends line but not mine, but virgin still says its nothing to do with them, so help desk is completely rubbish, not fit for purpose. fingers crossed engineer is competent and can get function turned back on. But I also want an apology for waste of time. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

TBF I have 11 1/2 thousand posts on here, I'm pretty much aware 1st line support are bobbins.

You need to chill and answer the questions you are asked if you want troubleshooting to help at all. So Ill rephrase

Are you the main account holder, and if so what caused you to fail security the third time?

The issue we face is that the caller ID function isn't a normal function of VM's PSTN network. So to make an effective complaint we need to determine if you are paying for a service and NOT receiving it, or getting a service as an add on as part of a deal.

To find that out, we need to determine the answer to the above questions.

Believe it or not I'm on your side, just trying to get the particulars so I can escalate this through the best route for you.

Use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Hero
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Noise on the line can cause the Caller Display to not work properly, if so a VM technician needs to come round to check the line.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I have no clue why I failed security on the 3rd occasion , but passed on 1st 2 communications. they dont tell you. they dont make it easy. but I will get it resolved. thank you for your concern.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

had engineer round , and sorted problem out at exchange. now just need to ensure complaint about help desk is sorted .

0 Kudos